Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Youtube and gaming for everyone...

I was early when I picked up Raidi from his tuition centre couple of weeks ago. Had to wait for him at the main hall where the computer lab is located. The lab is free for students to use. The computers are connected to the Internet so naturally, kids would be playing games after class.

At first I thought they were just playing computer games like how I used to play. I remember how I played Dig Dug, Load Runner, Pac Man, and some other challenging and addictive games. Choices were limited but nevertheless, I had fun.

Kids today do play computer games but they do it online, i.e they play against other online gamers who might be sitting somewhere half way around the world. They are simple games but the fact that they are competing 'globally', that is really cool to them.

Pac Man screen shot...simple but damn addictive!

When I was a kid, I had only my score to beat and all that I need to do is, advance to the next level and meet the baddest and strongest opponent for the final duel. That was it, you are on your own from start to finish. But today, online gamers can even collaborate and engage their common enemies!

what will happen to board games??

What amazed me further was how those kids know more about Youtube! I asked what they usually watch on Youtube? "Mostly cartoons and superhero movies" one of them said to me while watching Hancock movie trailers. These 7-8 years old kids even thought me how to maximise the display screen! hahah.. Haiyaaa... manyak maluu oohh

Raidi likes to watch Transformers cartoon on youtube. His favourite website however would be http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/. There he gets to play with all his favourite cartoon character which he finds it very fascinating. I just hope he doesn't get addicted. Hhmm.. I wonder how gaming would look like 10 years from now...

1 comment:

Rozita ayu said...

This part must be from your genes