Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday Outing...POLIS


Plenty things have been said about the Malaysian police force lately. From political conspiracies, high profile murder case and criminal activities, their image is negatively portrayed by the media from top to bottom. Whether the stories are true or not, the damage has been done. It will take years for the public to restore their full confidence in the police institution.

Too much highlights on the police triggered me to go and visit this museum. I've drove passed the museum hundreds of time before so I decided to drop by and see what's in store. Today, I and Raidi visited the PDRM museum located at Jalan Perdana, near the National Mosque.

weapon's cache...

It was an eye opener for me. The exhibition potrayed historical and important contribution of the police towards the country. It's way different from what we know about the force today. We had a walk through history as we read about the role of security forces from the great Melaka sultanate era, the pre and post Independence period and the modern days of fighting gang lords and underworld organised crimes.

There's a section dedicated for the heroes of Bukit Kepong tragedy. I spent most of my time at this gallery as I read through all the history pages on display. To me, their sacrifice should be given more respect by today's police force.


Outside the museum, light tanks and armoured cars are on display. Canons and artillery guns are strategically mounted as if the museum is well fortified. We really enjoyed getting inside these vehicles and we imagined ourselves being part of a police operation. We could almost hear the engine roaring and the sounds of armour taking hits from grenades and gunfire!

No comments: