Monday, July 14, 2008

A short trip to Genting Resort...

After picking up Raidi from his tuition class on Sunday, we were all thinking about going somewhere. Somewhere away from the city. Raidi asked whether we could go to Cherating. Ayu wanted to have lunch at Chiang Mai near Sungai Buloh. Zidani as usual doesn't want to go home. At last, I decided to take them to Genting Highland, the city of entertainment.

Initially, I thought of driving up all the way to the peak. I wanted to push the car's ride and handling to the edge. But it was drizzling and the road would be slippery. So we took the scenic route instead, via the Skyway Cable Cars! (Raidi pronounce it as kereta kebal..hahaha)


We queued for about 45 minutes to get to our cable car! But the long wait was worth it. The 10 minutes ride was very relaxing and thrilling at times. The view was breathtaking and I took plenty of pictures.
Raidi kept on asking whether there's wild animals roaming around in the jungle beneath us. Zidani can't sit still as he kept moving from one side to the other. He was very excited. Ayu kept quiet most of the time because she's afraid of heights!

We had a great time at Genting. Unfortunately, with Raidi's condition, I restricted our trip indoors. He wanted to go on the roller coaster ride but I had to say no. I promised him that we will come back again once his fractured toe is fully healed. So the kids enjoyed themselves playing with arcade games.

Zidani rode this ride twice...

At about 4pm we head back down to the cable car station. This time, the ride was more exhilarating as we were travelling downhill. We had Famous Amos cookies and we finished the whole bag by the time we reached the station.

They were complaining. The kids were not too happy as it was a very short trip. We'll be coming back here soon for a holiday I told them. I know they can't wait. But at least, for now, I'm really glad to see them having a blast...a medium one at least!

No comments: