Saturday, July 19, 2008

B&B..Blogging & Breakfast...

Blogging & Breakfast....

I'm currently at Starbucks, having breakfast with Raidi. We're going to the hospital after this for a follow up on his injured toe. It's amazing how broadband has influenced us. I'm at Starbucks because they provide free Wifi connectivity. So I'm having my own version of B&B! If only all mamak stalls or restaurants are equipped with broadband access.

Question is, how can ISP price their broadband services to attract small businesses and restaurant owners or even stall operators. Costs is an important factor for this segment so we have to make it affordable. Most importantly, it must reflect the value that the service can give.

It's not just about selling broadband access. The value proposition should be about attracting more customers to patron their outlets. So it's not about 1Mb or 2Mb connectivity. It's about how this connectivity can help to improve their roti canai business. The price should reflect this. It shouldn't reflect broadband bandwidth or speed at all!

Maybe one day they can package their roti canai with free mobile calls. So the more we eat, the more free air time we can get! Tell me who don't want to eat roti canai for that?? Roti canai will never taste the same again...

Ok, got to finish my doughnut and my favourite signature hot chocolate....my battery is running out soon!

No comments: