Friday, July 18, 2008

HFMD outbreak at SKTTDI

Raidi told me that his school is closed for today. I asked him why? "Dekat sekolah ada penyakit, penyakit tangan, kaki dan mulut.." he explained to me. It didn't occur to me how serious the situation was and I thought the school closure is just a normal procedure.

Then at the office, read the newspaper and I got to know that SKTTDI is the first in the country to be closed for this outbreak! Since June, six students from the same school have been infected. Raidi wasn't feeling well in the morning and he has painful blisters at his upper lip. I was worried because they could be symptoms of HFMD.

Alert! HFMD virus detected...transform and roll out!!


Ayu took Raidi to the clinic in the afternoon. The doctor said that he's not showing all of the symptoms but he advised us to take him to the hospital if he's starting to have fever. I called Dr. M earlier in the morning to find out which hospital I should take Raidi for examination. Just in case.

Today we isolated the boys just for precaution. Zidani is sleeping at his Wan's place and Raidi is with us. It's abit strange not to have Zidani at home. The house seems to be rather quiet. He has so much influence in our daily lives.

They've taken measures to disinfect the school compound. According to the news on TV, the outbreak is not serious. Not as serious as the one occurred in Sarawak sometime ago. That's good because Raidi will be going to school on Monday. So I hope the authorities are right about the situation.

No comments: