Saturday, July 26, 2008

Durian oohhh durian....


I've fallen in love with durian all over again. I thought I've lost the taste buds for the "King of Fruits". I grew up in a durian lover family you see and my mother is from Muar. You know how Muar is famous for its fruit orchards. When the durian season comes, we head south for our bi-annual feast. I had enough honestly and quit 'eating' durian more than 15 years ago.

During this road trip with TM to Gemencheh couple of weeks ago, we decided to stop by a durian stall. The strong odour didn't really excite me at first but after the first pulp the sensation kicked in! And what a feast we had that day. There were 12 of us and we ate more than 30 kgs of durian! I couldn't stop eating. It felt like I was 'compensating' for all these years 'fasting' from eating durian. I think I was the last to wash my hands...


at the durian stall somewhere in Gemas...

Today, I bought some durian from this stall just outside Pasaraya Tmn Tun. For as long as I could remember, this is the first time I bought durians from here. All these years buying groceries from this supermarket, I didn't even bother to look at the fruits on display.

But tonight I tasted one of the most exquisite durian flavour I ever had. The taste was really intense! This particular species is pricey though, selling at about RM10 per kilo. But to me, it's worth every sen. Try it, I guarantee you won't regret it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very nice idea.


countrywide loans

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Thats all.