Tuesday, October 03, 2006

From Amateur to Pro..

I’ve just upgraded my flickr account to a pro account. Meaning, I had paid flickr for a bigger storage capacity. The amateur account limits users to store up to 200 pictures for free. So now I have a 1Gb upload capacity monthly and this translates to about 12,000 pictures a year (assuming a picture takes up 1mb using a 5mpixels camera). This new storage costs me USD25 a year. I think it’s justifiable. Here’s why:

1. Assured of access to a secured and big storage.

2. I have a digital camera, where else can I keep all the digital pictures. That’s 12,000 pictures a year you know.

3. It’s online. Anyone can view it. It will be there for my kids and the next generation to view them. I can access them anywhere and anytime in the world via the internet.

4. I can manage the storage, group them, give them titles and I can even write stories about them. It’s an alternative site to my current blog.

5. I do have a CD writer, but I’m too lazy to ‘burn’ the pictures. Besides, what if the CD is preceded by a better media? So irrespective of technology, the online pictures will always be downloadable.

6. Photography is a hobby to me. I love landscape photography. With this new account, it gives me further motivation to shoot more pictures.

7. Also, it justifies me to upgrade to a Digital SLR. Heheh..That new Canon 400D SLR camera is really cool! With 10megapixels, I can definitely fill up my monthly 1Gb upload quota quickly. The camera costs RM3,200 and comes with a 18-55mm lense. Perfect package for an enthusiast like me. Azad..can you loan me some money??? Hehehe. Dil, sebab tu aku tak nak beli basikal..gila kooo..baik beli SLR camera!!! No matter how many gears your bicycle can have, can it take pictures?? Cannot maaaa....

View all pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mafiz/

1 comment:

syachou said...

Good choice bro! Mari kita amik gambar ramai ramai... Shud I get the pro as well? hmmm..