Sunday, August 31, 2008

Genting Trailblazer 2008...coming soon!

Are we crazy or what? Me and my friends decided to enter this trail running race in November. We thought about the Genting Trailblazer quite a bit, but I guess until you do it, you'll never know right? Come 2nd November, we'll see if we would be cursing each other for registering! hehehe

It's a 14km trail and we will be navigating through muddy terrain and rugged rainforest. I personally like this kind of race. Going through the jungle requires not just stamina and endurance, but alot of thinking too.

Unlike running on the street, you really need to be alert and always thinking about where to plant your next step. Under dynamic conditions, you need extra focus to finish the race. Furthermore, it's a team event, so teamwork and race strategy is equally important.

We're all quite pumped up for this event. So we're preparing ourselves through the fasting month and somehow try to control our "festive feast" during Syawal. We have two 10km races planned in October as a build up for the 2nd November showdown. Mental preparations are done via reading blogsites and looking at pictures posted from previous year's races.

My hope is to enjoy and finish the race without getting injured. Sweat, mud and ultimate glory, I'm sure it'll be an incredible experience. The Genting Trailblazer feels more like a 'gamble' to me. But as a result, we now dare to dream about something bigger... the Taman Negara Eco-Challenge 2009!!

I foresee we'll be running similar races in the future, so I bought this lafuma bladder back pack...

3 comments:

mafeitz said...

perrghh.... high end merchandise tu..

mafiz said...

tu la..tak tahan ahh.. now I have more reasons to do adventure racing! kena balik modal!

Azad said...

Mafiz has been bitten by the same bug that bit us, Telal. :)

Tunjuk kasut pulak, Mafiz. Come on, don't be shy.

Btw, for Eco Challenge 2009, we already have a pre-team... Telal, you, me and Wan Edrin. Class!