Saturday, August 16, 2008

From muskmelon to harrison grey...

Finally, I took the initiatives to repaint the house. Our living hall and the family area were previously painted in flat muskmelon colour. It wasn't to my liking and I've been telling myself to do something about it for a long time.

the living hall area with 'muskmellon' painted wall.. the sofa set has to go!

Last weekend, finally I've achieved what I wanted to do for the past 5 years. Imagine waking up every morning of your life and saying "I've got to change this colour"...

We removed the steel railing that seperates the living hall and the family area...

Initially, I thought the biggest challenge was selecting the new colour. But it took me less than an hour to decide actually. As long as it's not muskmelon! The toughest part was the painting job itself.

Family area with the new refreshing look...

Yes, we repaint the whole place ourselves and this saved us at least Rm500. So Ayu painted the borders and I had the whole wall surfaces to cover. It took us a day to coat the walls with primer paint and another day to apply the finish paint.

I'm in the hunt for a new sofa set...I like this design and colour combination

Harrison grey for the feature wall and it's lavender green and lilac white for the rest. I'm personally satisfied with the outcome. The kids like it too. Ayu initially was skeptical on my colour selection but in the end, it turned out to be ok.

However, I got a rude shock of my life when I got back to my office. I was sitting at my workstation, looked up at the wall right in front of me and saw something very familiar. "Oh my God!" I said to myself in disbelieve. I had subconsciously applied the office colour scheme for the house!! Hahahaha

2 comments:

ikmal said...

Tahniaaaah!

mafiz said...

thanks Mal!