Friday, August 22, 2008

From 2.70 to 2.55 a litre..

Good news! Yes!! Starting tomorrow, the RON97 price will go down by 15 sen a litre! Yahoooo.. I got to know this after reading about PM's announcement here. Of course this is good news...

I thought this price adjustment would be announced 1st September. But I guess..for whatever reasons, they just had to bring it forward...hmm..flip flopping...

Actually, I just filled up my tank tonight. That's a full tank paid at 2.70 a litre. !@#$%&%!! I feel so good!! If I knew the price is dropping tomorrow, I could have waited for a couple of hours more....it's strange when people don't SMS this kind of thing yeah?

Since the gov't is implementing this corridor pricing based on world's price movement, consumers just have to be prepared for surprises. Hopefully, this wouldn't create so much of uncertainty. It's better to have a flexi budget now to cater for this movement. The question is, would other price of essential items adjust accordingly? I don't think so. They'll remain on the high side.

So it shouldn't have been 2.70 in the first place should it? If it was staggeredly increase, perhaps other industries could have rationally adjusted to it. Would anybody want to drop their service and product prices based on today's announcement? Hhmm...I hope relevant ministries could look into this.

No comments: