Monday, August 18, 2008

A confession...


Atuk Cha helping me with the sampin...picture taken duing one of the Lebaran gatherings in Kluang..

This is a confession: In one of the many school breaks at my grandparent's place in Kluang, Johor, I almost drowned in an unused pool nearby the surau. I must have been 7 or 8 years old at that time.

About 25 years ago, I followed my Tmn Kasih friends to this abandoned pool. One of them jumped in and I followed without knowing how deep the water was. I struggled to keep afloat as I couldn't swim! My friends didn't realised that I was in trouble until they saw me going down under.

One of them jumped into the pool (I can't remember his name) and pulled me out of the deep water and dragged me to the side. I owed my life to this fellow that day. After that we continued playing in the pool, but me of course just watching them from the side...

From that day on, I kept silence about this incident. Takut Atuk marah.. Only me and 3 other old friends knows about this. We were kids and I will never forget what happened that day. So today, after looking at the photo above (uploaded by AB on Facebook), I decided to share this story with everybody...

No comments: