Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Larian Malakoff 12km


selesai sudah....

It was the last run for the year. What's more interesting, the event was held in our own 'backyard'. Initial plan was to run from Taman Rimba TTDI to Sri Hartamas via the KLGCC route, run through the Penchala link tunnel and back to the finishing line in TTDI. Unfortunately, there was a last minute change. Instead, we had to run the TTDI-Sime Darby convention centre route in 2 laps. Quite a 'boring' route, at least on paper.

But it turned out to be fun! Azad and Ruslan had this challenge between them to finish ahead of each other. They've been having secret training and they wanted to end the year with a high note. Adrenalin were pumping but Azad had a bad start. When he was at the parking lot, he realised that he accidentally left his running shoes at home! The vision of Azad running with his slippers, is just too ridiculous. So I loaned him my Crocs! At least it's not slipper jepun! Actually, the Crocs is more expensive than some of the running shoes that we were wearing! hahahaha

Crocs at 1 o'clock!!

The run itself was satisfying. With 2 laps to complete, we get to see how far back we were from the pros. By the time I finished the 1st lap, the African runners had already lapped me heading for the finishing line. I don't think they were running, they were sprinting! It did have a physco effect on me, pushing me to be a bit more competitive..macam bagus..hahaha

I didn't properly clocked my run so I'm depending on the organiser to do this (I'm gonna get myself a proper runner's watch). We used the timing chip provided by them so the timing should be accurate. I felt good running this time despite the lack of preparation. Perhaps it's the final run for the year so I tried pushing my self towards the end. The downhill section really helped me to pace faster than usual.

After the run, we head to the Mohsein restaurant and had roti canai for breakfast. What a way to close this year's 'account'. Fun run, great friends and good food. I'm looking forward for 2009. We've targeted to participate in at least one run every month. Next stop, January's Great Eastern 20km!

kumpul banyak-banyak, boleh jual besi kati nanti! hahahaha

1 comment:

Azad said...

Thanks for the shoes. Mafiz. :)