Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Maid dah balik..

Hhhmm...we just can't live without them can we? Our maid decided to quit last weekend (she gave us a 7 days notice). After working for us for 11 months, we send her back to her relatives house in Pandan Jaya. If they want to leave, just let them leave. No point trying to persuade her to stay in any longer. Wiwi was our 3rd maid for the past 7 years.

Fortunately, we managed to get a new helper quickly. Just a day after Wiwi left, Ayu picked up this new maid from the agent introduced earlier by my aunty. It's her second day now and I hope she can handle the boys especially Zidani. As long as she can get along and understand his condition, I'm ok with her. I'm also thinking of sending her to Zidani's school so that she can learn how the teacher's there cope with him.

Personally, if I have a choice, I wouldn't want to hire a maid. I think you understand why. In my case, we've been lucky so far that no unwanted incident occurred with our maids. Even so, the thought of having a 'stranger' in the house makes me somewhat uncomfortable. I feel more freedom when only us the family is in the house. Besides, I love to see the family doing the house chores together.

But we just can't live without them can we? Me and Ayu, we both have a hectic schedule and we do alot of travelling too. We can't be bothering our parents too often when both of us are on our working trips. So hiring a helper eases our already heavy burden, especially with the house chores. I just hope that they value the trust that we put to them and realise the responsibility that they're carrying.

No comments: