Saturday, December 06, 2008

Washing my car..

It's either you wash the car yourself or you send it to the car wash. I try to wash the car myself once a month. By putting some labour into it, it strengthen this 'bonding' we have between car and driver. Not only that, I usually let the kids join in the fun for some quality time (although they're more interested in water play). Remember the movie Karate Kid? Wax in...wax out?? Character building I tell you...

Anyway, we all have our own favourite car wash centres. My personal favourite is located at the Caltex petrol station in Tmn Tun. I go there almost every week. Here are the reasons why:

1. Location - Very close to where we live. I'd leave the car there in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon after I finished doing my weekend chores.

2. Service - The main reason why I like this place. The wash itself is very good. Sometimes, they put 6-7 people attending to the car and each one of them has specific job to do. It speeds up the whole process, but with more manpower, they have smaller area to clean. This allows them to be more thorough and detail inside out.

Before they hand over the keys, the boss would circle the car for final inspection. I like this part. He does it as if he owns the car. Only after the car is squeaky clean, he'll pass the keys to you. By the way, only the boss has the authority to carry the keys and drive the cars. That gives me a piece of mind knowing that the car is in trusted hands.

Once, I was picking up all the rubbish from the car, the bos quickly came and offered to throw them away for me. I was surprised to say the least. Most other car wash centres are 'operated' by foreigners and they couldn't care less. They don't go the extra mile. This place at Caltex, the business is run by passionate people. It's no wonder why you get to see Ferrari owners send their cars here for a little TLC.

3. Price - Wash and vacuum for a sedan will cost you RM14. I know it's a bit pricey, but I got nothing to complain really.

The best part of all is when you drive out of the car wash. Every time, the feeling is fantastic, your car look fantastic. I would drive back slowly, letting others to have a good view of my car..hehehe..kasi jeless sikit...hahaha. To me it's not just a car wash. You don't believe me? Send the car there this weekend.

No comments: