Tuesday, June 03, 2008

To China..On A Bicycle?

I stumbled upon this news today, about a senior citizen's attempt to cycle for 9,000km to China from KL. He wanted to make it in time for the Beijing Olympics! You can read about his journey which he updates on his blog.

Now I don't know whether this news was just a coincidence or not, but it came after Mafeitz wrote something about our childhood. About us being adventurous, pushing ourselves to the limit. Today, I can hardly believe that we have actually cycled to Subang Parade from Tmn Tun! We were daring, considering that we were just in our early teens. I can't wait to tell this story to my kids (when they are 13). I don't think they will believe it either. There was no digital camera at that time. If not, I would have taken plenty of pictures! All that memory is locked up in our heads.

Now this guy, a 66 years old veteran is about to face the toughest challenge in his life. At his age, he's going to travel to China and back on his bicycle for 80 days.

"Age should never be a factor, as long as you have the right kind of spirit and passion, you should pursue your dreams. I want the younger generation to be inspired by this" said Adnan.

Yes sir I'm inspired! But to me, age IS a factor. A factor that would push you even further. We havent got much time left isnt it? As far as the body can take it, just push it. So to my friends, how about it? Another trip on the bicycle perhaps? Need to go beyond subang parade or titiwangsa for that matter! Should we wait until we retire??

No comments: