Sunday, June 01, 2008

Atuk Chik On Facebook!!

Hahaha...I'm speechless! My grandmother is on Facebook! Atuk, welcome aboard!!

This is wonderful. Perhaps now I'm feeling what my grandchildren will feel in the future. Being able to get in touch with your grandparent in the Cyberworld is something that we never thought of before. I don't think this will give you the excuse to visit them less. On the contrary, it made me missed her even more! Based on her Facebook status, she's currently in Kota Damansara at my auntie's place. Would love to see her before she goes back to Kluang.

Broadband has a very important application went it comes to health care especially to the elderly. Remote monitoring, sensing and diagnostic can provide great benefits to clinical practises. With Bluetooth and Wifi coverages, my grandmother's health condition can be monitored from a distance. Any abnormality in her body temperature and heart rate, can be feedback and we can attend to her conditions immediately. Imagine if we can receive SMS or email telling us about our loved ones condition? "Your Atuk's body temperature today is...NORMAL..Heart rate NORMAL..". Simple information like this can make you smile the whole day.

Cucu : "Atuk, Atuk demam ke?Saya dapat SMS kata Suhu Atuk tinggi ni?"

Atuk: "Tak ada lah..Atuk kat dapur ni..tengak kacau(masak) HARISA!"...

Cucu: "Ooooooooooohhhh"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mafiz,

It all started with Haris's idea. Thanks to him, Atuk is a Facebooker now (well, sort of...). And thank you for saying something about it in your blog (oh...btw, I couldn't log on to your blog for so loooong! Coz my login had been blocked, I think)

I must say Auntie Ain followed up with an excellent suggestion i.e. to say a little prayer for Atuk each and every time we receive a new update/notification or simply when we visit her page. I have no doubt all of us will do so.

And hope what you described about remote monitoring etc will become a reality one day... it's certainly not impossible.

Maybe next is to get Abah on FB too? Food for thought :) Hope you, Ayu & the boys are well...

mafeitz said...

mafiz.. cool idea la tu. bule develop tu.. mesti ada customer nyer.. patent cepat..:)

Azad said...

Agreed, the guy who created facebook is a millionaire now.