Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gunung Tahan...June 1992

Managed to scan some of the photos taken during our expedition to Mount Tahan. It was way back in 92 when me and my school friends led by Ustaz Ahmad embarked on this most memorable trip. Every time the old gang meet up especially with Ustaz, we never failed to talk about it.

At Kuala Tahan...day 1...

We hiked for 3 nights to reach the summit from Kuala Tahan and I tell you, I don't think I'll ever experience this again. Not that I regretted, but the trip was so challenging and fulfilling. We survived on Nasi Kepal (Rice cooked with salt, wrapped in plastic) for lunch and maggi for dinner. I remember one time when me and Mafeitz at Padang Camp ate raw chillis and onions! We were starving! We said to each other.."Ehhh sedap eehh??" hahahahaah. For most part of the journey, we had to ration our food because we underestimated the amount of food to carry. But we hiked along and I'm glad we survived.

We did it! Just by eating Nasi Kepal! One of us wears a shin guard!

Other climbers were equipped with portable stove but we had to make our own fire to cook. Apart from that, we had to cramped ourselves to sleep in the tent. To us, a two men tent is actually for four at least!

Very cold this place...

I don't know when I will climb Mount Tahan again. It would be interesting to have the same gang hiking up again, for nostalgia sake. This time around, rest assured that we would be luxuriously prepared! Kita bawak steak kepal! hahaha

1 comment:

Azad said...

And when we climb again, I shall be wearing the same shin guard... for mostalgia sake. I still have it you know. Heheh.

Okay, lets plan for a climb in 2009. Okay tak?