Saturday, February 07, 2009

Camping Trip...

1st February is a holiday. I contemplated at first, either to take the kids for a round trip to the east coast or somewhere closer. Then I thought, I've been wanting to go to this interesting place many times before. I even blogged about it last year. Besides, going to Aryani twice a month is mentekedarah namanya...hehehe

For a change, I took the boys and Ayu to a private retreat within the tropical rainforest. I told Raidi that we're going camping. He was excited naturally and wondered whether we should get ourselves a tent. Boy he was in for a surprise...and he wasn't alone in this!! Check out the photos and see for yourself...

our 2 storey glass shed...the upper floor is the sleeping area...Raidi standing at the front

masa siang...

masa malam...

the living area...

The glass shed that we stayed in is perfect. Accommodation is nestled right amongst the trees. Imagine being in the shed and listening to rustling leaves and running stream located just metres away. It's so soothing and relaxing. I've been to camping trips many times before but this place is like a luxurious forest living environment complete with hot showers, kitchen amenities and a swimming pool! It's just nice for a family outing looking for a bit of adventure without sacrificing basic facilities (basic is a huge understatement to my standards).

Atuk Seth and Uncle Harris entertaining the kids...

BEST!!


on the upper floor, complete with kelambu..


the other shed....made primarily of mud...yang ini siap ada aircond..

Our parents, brothers and sisters drove for about an hour from Damansara to join us for BBQ dinner that evening. Ayam, kambing. lembu, ikan, sotong semua kita bakar malam tu. We felt very close to nature. They were all surprised by the serenity of the place. Mak said that it reminded her of my grandparent's pondok tunggu durian jatuh in Muar! ..Momy just geleng kepala when she first arrived at the place and asked me "Apa mimpi buat bbq dalam hutan ni?". Hehehe..

during the bbq dinner...Rizal busy mnaging the bbq pit..



No Astro, TV, no hand phone signal and no Internet. A perfect place to escape from your hectic daily routine. Raidi wasn't really happy as he couldn't watch YouTube and play games. Ayu was skeptical about the place at first and said that even Kutu can mati here. So I told her to bring along Stephenie Meyer the pontianak novel. I can't imagine any other better place for her to read the novel. Seriously, the glass shed reminded me of the Cullens bungalow in the movie Twilight. Zidani went back to Damansara after the BBQ. He was a bit uncomfortable being surrounded by tall and huge trees.

one good reason why I don't go to public pools..Zidani memang suka mandi tak pakai baju

But the boys totally enjoyed the swimming pool. Who wouldn't. The pool setting is bliss. Water is source naturally from a nearby stream, filtered and not treated with chlorine. I think we went to the pool more than 3 times! It's very refreshing!


Before we went back to KL, we stopped by the Serendah waterfall picnic area located 5 minutes drive from the resort. Of course we couldn't tahan. So we had our final dip for about an hour before finally calling the day off.

Serendah waterfall...sejuk gile!

We headed back to TTDI feeling recharged. It's a whole new experience even for me. I'm very impressed with the whole setting of the resort especially the glass sheds. Before we came to this place, I thought Ayu wouldn't really enjoy this type of 'outdoor' excursion. But during the stay, she did asked me this question "Nanti kita buat kita punya anniversary party nak dekat sini?". Strange, maybe she was being sarcastic..I dunno... But if someone like Ayu can value this piece of sanctuary, I wonder who wouldn't?? heheheh..

I can't wait to go back to Sekeping Serendah...

1 comment:

mafeitz said...

buatlah... heheheh