Friday, January 23, 2009

Al-Fatihah...

On 22nd of January, my uncle (mom's side) passed way due to serious head injury from a motorcycle accident. He was admitted to the Putrajaya hospital and was in the ICU for a couple of days. I visited him during the 1st day and recited Surah Yassin. Due to maximum swelling in his head, we were told that the chance for survival was slim. He owns a Jaguar, but he still wants to ride the Honda Cub. I straight away drove to Bukit Setiawangsa from my office after receiving the news that my uncle had passed away.

Fondly known as Pak Sidki, he is very popular among his nieces and nephews. He's always jovial and likes too smile. Very seldom I've seen him frowning or complaining about anything. Many of us considers him a bit 'strange' even by his kids, but that's his unique personality. He lives in his own creative world.

One time, when we visited him during 2nd hari raya, it was raining. I couldn't find him. Then Mak Cah told me that he's outside of the house scrubbing and cleaning the wall in his kain pelikat and t-shirt. "Pak Sidki buat apa raya2 ni kat luar?" I asked him. He said "Tengah hujan..rugi tak basuh tembok..air free!!"..hahahaha... this is just one of his 'weird' character. One other thing that I never forget is how his family never failed to be the last to arrive in Muar on the eve of Hari Raya. That's because Arwah always drove back to Muar via the old trunk road and he likes to do this at night.

When I was small, I was very close to Udin, his eldest son. So whenever there's opportunity, I would stay over my uncle's place in Cheras. I envied Din at that time because Pak Sidki bought him many toys for him to play with. Myself and Din loved to play with Lego and we would be building things including Airwolf and the Millenium Falcon. Arwah was an architect, so I like watching him building scaled model houses.

the last picture taken together during last Raya at our place. Arwah is seated next to me. This picture was taken using a tripod bought by Arwah way back in 1976 in Glasgow!!

Arwah will certainly be missed. His smile, his laugh and his antics, he will always be remembered. Semoga roh Arwah dicucuri rahmat dan ditempatkan dikalangan orang-orang yang beriman. Al-Fatihah..

No comments: