Monday, February 09, 2009

Raidi's first scale modeling work...

Today I took Raidi to a hobby shop in SS14. He has been persistent to build a scale model tank. So I thought it's time to expose him to the world of military model building.

At the shop, he aimed for the 1/35 scale models. A bit ambitious I thought. So I advised him to start with a smaller scale. After about an hour looking for the right kit, we opted for this 1/72 Swedish made main battle tank. I purposely chose this model because of its turretless design. It should be easier for him to build compared to conventional MBT.

Raidi assembled the model the same day we bought it. He did well on his first attempt. It wasn't really a clean finish but I don't put much emphasis on the end product. It's all in the process. It's in the attention, concentration and patience that he puts in.

Raidi complained that the 1/72 scale is too small.... kotak je besar!

assembling the wheels and track of an MBT is the most boring part for me....

photo finish.. but without the decals...belum pandai lagi..

Now he's looking forward to build his next miniature tank. It's getting into me as well. I want to build the Merkava MBT again...

1 comment:

mafeitz said...

excellent job !!