Sunday, February 22, 2009

KL City Day Run 2009 - 10km

The day started pretty early for me. I slept for about 3 hours last night before I woke up and joined the rest for this 10km race. Thankfully MU won! If not I would have stayed home to sleep off the disappointment! hehehe. At about 6.30am, Azad, Dr.M, Dr.Kamal, Halim, Jamil and I rendezvous at our usual meeting point..

picture courtesy of Dr.M

The race took us to through the familiar hilly Bukit Tunku route. I had a comfortable race this time as I pace quite consistently till the end. I still face this occasional abdominal cramp whenever I ran over hill. I slowed down to ease the pain when everyone else was actually sprinting downhill! I must find a way to solve this problem. It's funny when I get to pass slow runners going uphill but only to be taken over again downhill. Baik takyah potong!

The target was to cross the line sub 1 hour. When I ran pass the Parliament building, I felt I could still push harder. In my past races, masa ni dah nak pitam dah! Not this time though. So that gave me alot of confident to finish in time. Unfortunately, as I reached the DBKL building turning into Dataran, I looked up the Sultan Abdul Samad clock, it was already 8.34am. Damn! Kecewa! I completed the race in 65 minutes.

My self and Dr.M felt we could do it this time. But Mafeitz, he had a different predicament. He had to settle some 'big problem' midway during the race! hahaha. However, I got to know that the actual distance that we ran was over 10km! It's closer to 11km instead! If that's true, I might have covered 10km in under 60 minutes after all! Hahaha...bagus!

keletihan disebalik senyuman kepuasan...

We were all tired. A bit more than usual I think. Perhaps the body was still recovering from last week's cross country event. But I have to recover quickly now. If I want to survive next weekend's KL Towerthon, I have to start climbing stairs to elevate my physical and mental state. Elevate??? Rasa ada yang naik elevator je hari tu! hahaha

1 comment:

mafeitz said...

ari tu masa cross country , lepas naik steep bukit tu i had the exact episode..slowed down because of the pain that everybody potong!diaphragm cramp kot ? hahaha i dunno whats the cause la..kena tanya experienced runner..