Monday, February 16, 2009

FTAAA Cross Country 2009

I had to skip the Great Eastern 20km run in January due to gastric. So this 8.2km cross country is my first run for the year. Infact, I've not been running or training since the Malakoff 12km run in December! My only preparation; a week of carbo loading regime! hehehe


I met Azad at Dr. M's place in the morning and Dr. Kamal drove us to KL in his 5series bella. Ruslan and Halim joined us at the starting line..

before the race...from Dr M's camera phone..

after the race...

It's definitely different running in a cross country competition. But I never thought that we'd be running more than 1km in the jungle! Especially when we're in the middle of the city! There were too many runners and it created bottlenecks. We were reduced to walking for about 1km. It hasn't been raining lately. So that's good. If not, we'd be running ala Genting Trailblazer. However, we still ended up with soggy socks and muddied shoes (expensive running shoes mind you).

just before crossing the finishing line...

Finished the run just over an hour. With 8km to cover, I thought I could cross the finishing line in under 60 minutes. For the first 2km, I paced my run in anticipation of the unknown. They did warned runners to be prepared for obstacles but I expected them to be man made. What to do..tipah tertipu. So redah je laahhh. The good thing is we get to race under the shades! Next stop...10km KL City run.

No comments: