Monday, May 26, 2008

"I'd rather have a root canal"....

"What's your excuse not to do your scaling every six months?"...

"How old you are now? Your last visit to my clinic was when you're 15!"...

"Now you know why you need to do scaling every 6 months"...

I just kept silence as the dentist repeatedly made those points to me today. I was at his clinic this afternoon and as you might guessed already, it wasn't a scheduled visit. I've been having this toothache for the past couple of days and I just couldn't bare the pain any longer. It hurts and I couldn't sleep at night, concentrate on my work and I can't chew my food well. After taking some pain killers, I went to see this dentist in Tmn Tun. I randomly chose a clinic and to my surprise, I had my name registered there before! More than 15 years ago! Hahaha... Talk about fate...

"You have to decide now, either do a root canal or a tooth extraction" the dentist said, obviously referring to this tooth decay that I have. I asked him further about the options and I decided to go for root canal treatment. He proceeded with the 1st treatment, drilling and filling the unhealthy tooth. It wasn't really painful and I thought the pills that I took earlier at the office helped to reduce the pain further. I have to come back for 2 more follow up visits before the dentist can crown the treated tooth.

An apple a day, keeps dentists away..


I don't know which one is more painful. To suffer from root canal or to know the estimated cost for this therapy? I'd rather suffer from root canal! Haiyaaaa...It cost me a bomb! I guess that's the price I have to pay for not visiting the dentist regularly. Now I'm contemplating whether I should crown all my teeth. It is so expensive! I need to do more research on this. Maybe go to India where the cost could be 10 times lower than Malaysia..hehehe

2 comments:

Azad said...

Hahahah... this is a classic case of 'which one hurts more'. I always experience this and usually I find the money 'pain' hurts more than the physical one.

But you got to do what you got to do, right?

mafiz said...

Yaa laaa..what to do?