Sunday, May 04, 2008

Attn: Raidi...

I want to share something. Actually this posting is dedicated to my son Raidi. I hope you will read this one day and understand how I feel. You just turned 8 last week while I'm writing this today. But already you are facing lots of challenges. I'm somewhat surprised by your level of maturity in accepting your responsibilities. You are facing greater challenges not just because you have competitive school friends, not just because of high expectations to perform from your parents, not just because you oftently get confusing instructions from everyone, not just because you are living in the multimedia world and I think your senses are working overtime. But you are also facing the fact that you have a brother that seems to absorb all the attention in the world. Plus, you have parents that comes back home late everyday.



You seemed to be very understanding about Zidani's condition as you don't react negatively whenever Zidani's having his tantrum. I thank you for this. But I missed watching you grow and become the 8 year old boy today. This is my regret. All the attention that I gave to your brother, I felt that you always get less from me. You grew up too fast for me to catch up with you, especially when Zidani is stealing all the attention. But you care for your brother and I can somehow sense that you understand the meaning of sacrifice. Being able to do this at your age, I salute you Raidi. I just want you to know that we do care for you, that we are not neglecting you in anyway.

I hope you will grow up as a responsible boy. Abah only hope and pray for the best. It's a tough world out there and I'm making sure that you are prepared to face the challenges. Respect the elderly and always care for the needy. Have a lot of patience in your life. With your brother Zidani we really need to be patience. He needs our support and understanding. If you think it's difficult for us to go through all this, imagine how it is more difficult for Zidani. It must be very confusing and frustrating for him as he tries hard to cope with us. But I believe he'll do just fine if we just love him a little bit more. He needs the extra attention. I'm glad to know that you understand our situation. Again I want to say thank you for being so understanding. I'm proud of you Zulkarnain Raidi and I always will.

No comments: