Saturday, August 12, 2006

Jakarta oohh..Jakarta...

It’s now 12.05am, Jakarta time. Yup, this is my first assignment in this city since I first worked for Telsoft. I’ve been here since Tuesday and tonight, I’m feeling exhausted. Telsoft currently has a project together with Sigma Indonesia on Costing systems and some regulatory issues for PTT Indosat. This assignment is an eye opener for me. I get to see other Telcos work culture and believe me, I felt like I was in two different countries when we met people from Telkomsel and Indosat. Although both their offices are in Jakarta but their work culture is strikingly different. All I can say is, TM is in the middle of the working cultural scale, Indosat and Telkom is on both ends of the scale.

View from my hotel room...

I’m staying at the 4 Seasons Hotel. The place and service is fantastic. I was supposed to meet my Uncle (uncle Taufik) who works in Jakarta but unfortunately both of us are busy with work. Hmm…according to the project plan, I will be in Jakarta quite often after this. The next visit would be on the 21st of August and the whole project is expected to complete early next year. Apart from this, we have an on-going project with TM and it is supposed to be completed by year end. I hope we can keep up with the workload and the project schedule.

Me and Jude by the pool side of the Hotel...
I'm flying back to KL tomorrow but I dont think I can make it to Ikmal's bersanding ceremony in the evening. But I will definetly attend his reception in TTDI on Sunday. Ok for now, I’m going to bed…ngantuk nak mampos…

No comments: