Thursday, August 31, 2006

Into The Forest...

Did you know that we have a forest reserve right here in the middle KL city? I mean just a couple of blocks away from the Hard Rock Café? Well, I knew about this place, it’s just that I never thought that I could really feel like being in a virgin jungle. Last week I took both my kids to Menara KL (http://www.menarakl.com.my/) . At first I just wanted to show them this typical tourist spot that you can find in the city. But then I saw this entrance that leads to a jungle trail. Out of curiosity, I lead the kids through this Bukit Nenas Forest Park. It was fun and the kids enjoyed them selves. As we get further it gets a bit challenging for the kids. Zidani was not comfortable at all with the heat and humidity. After about 30 minutes we head back to the parking lot and we went back home.

I think next year Raidi might be ready for his first camping trip. I can’t wait for that moment really. That’s what I call quality time..away from the city, astro and the internet. Just the father, son and mother nature (Raidi’s biological mother is not ready for this!). Maybe I’ll take Raidi to Taman Negara Pahang…waaahh....camping gears….the rivers… the jungle…and the stars you can see during the night…aaarrghhh…. Oklah Raidi, we’ll go camping this December, before you start schooling next year!!

No comments: