Friday, August 18, 2006

Get Well Soon Cikgu....

Right after attending Ikmal’s wedding last Sunday, I took Ayu to UH to visit Cikgu Rezwan. Cikgu Rezwan is my old tuition teacher and he is now suffering from critical heart illness. He has been in and out of the hospital but this time his condition is bad (read Mafeitz blog). As soon as we arrived at his room, Ayu broke down in tears. Looking at his condition, I don’t think anyone who knows Cikgu Rezwan can leave the room without teary eyes.

To Ayu, Cikgu Rezwan is like her own father. In fact many of us or his ex-students treat him like a mentor, someone whom we can look up for guidance. He preaches, motivates and advises teenagers to be kind, responsible and respectful. All he wants is to see his students become successful and not forgetting our responsibility to Allah.

He told Ayu to be strong as she begged him not to leave her. His spirit is high after seeing many of his old students who visited him. He told me that he wants to open up the tuition centre again. Well, if this comes true, I think I would like to volunteer to become a part time tutor at the centre.

I had known many friends from Pusat Tuition Dimensi and more importantly, this is the place where I first met Ayu. We were in Form 4 back then but I can still remember when I and Mafeitz first enrolled for tuition there. This centre was practically opened 24 hours for students to study and prepare for the SPM exams.

I hope Cikgu Rezwan will recover from this illness. He had left many great legacies but he insisted that his perjuangan is still not finished.Doing this, he had never expected anything in return from his students. It was an honest contribution and only Allah can repay all his good deeds. We will always remember you Cikgu Rezuan….

No comments: