Monday, July 24, 2006

A Childhood Fantasy Came True….

Remember this movie Alien? I would like to refer to the second movie, where a space colony of humans in some distance planet was attacked by these super cool creature and their bodies used as hosts for their ‘change’ process? In that movie, Ripley (played by Sigourney Weaver), the sole survivor from the 1st Alien movie along with a platoon of colonial space marines was sent to this planet to rescue the colonist. One part that I like most about that movie is the sequence when the marines had to descent from the space frigate "Sulaco" using a drop ship which also carries the APC (Armoured Personnel Carrier) in her loading bay. This was also the ship used by Bishop the android when he remotely controlled and piloted the ship to fly them back to the Sulaco. I’ve built the APC using a hobby kit just before I left for Scotland and it is one piece that I truly admire. However, I’ve never came across with the scale model of the Drop Ship anywhere.

Drop Ship from the movie Alien - Side View...

So today, as I was window shopping In One Utama, I stopped by this Hobby Shop that specializes in selling toys. Mind you, they don’t trade ordinary toys. They are collectibles and their value can appreciate with time. I saw this very-very cool light sabers made from quality metal casts with highly realistic sound affects. They limit the production and it is retailed at 500 bucks. Or anyone interested to buy a 800 buck Hans Solo’s Millenium Falcon scale model?

Best Gile!!!

I’ve made an investment today..hehehehe.. I bought this diecast 1/72 Aoshima high quality detailed scale model of the Drop Ship featured in the movie Alien 2. How much did it cost me? All I can say that it’s worth every penny. I love how they managed to accurately detailed the scale model to precision. To a hobbyist, it’s easy to appreciate this sort of thing. If you’re not, you might think that I’m crazy.

I felt that I’ve rekindled with my childhood dream. I can tell you that the feeling is priceless. And today, Raidi and Zidani got to see how their father became a kid again. It must be weird and shocking for you boys seeing me playing with this toy. Raidi can finally confirm that he’s not the only kid in the house who can make sound effects and have great imagination. Ayu kept on asking how much did I paid for it. I know you wouldn’t understand this, so I better keep it to myself ..hehehehe. Now I’m looking for the APC that can actually fit into the Drop Ship’s cargo ramp. The shop owner told me that it’s going to be difficult to look for it. But I told him that I’ll start with e-bay!..hehehe.

Drop Ship - Frontal View...

Drop Ship APC Ramp...Got to buy the APC!!!

It’s good that IKEA is having a sale though. I better get a proper displaying cabinet or shelves because I’m pretty sure that I’ll be adding to my collection soon. Well, who say’s childhood dreams cannot come true. Never thought it could be an asset and who knows one day I can even make big profit from it!

1 comment:

syachou said...

nice!!!