Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Klang New Balance 12km Run..

The Klang 12km run is meant to be a prep run for the upcoming Genting adventure race. Unfortunately, we had to skipped another prep race, which is the 10km Mizuno run due to some technical mishap. So we participated in one full race event and followed through with our own training regime before D-day (which includes attending open houses and makan kambing panggang yang lazat lagi berkrim).

Nevertheless, we enjoyed this Klang race. I would say it was refreshing as we ran through an unfamiliar territory. The route was relatively flat and not that torturing compared to the hilly Bukit Tunku course. Borriiingggg...(macam bagus..heehheeh).

gambar pose skema...future shot would be different..i promise...

I felt quite comfortable running at a consistent pace, although I did try to speed up half way through. But I didn't know the actual distance to the finishing line (organisers should think of putting up more informative markers; like distance, not just direction). So I conserved energy instead of me'rempit' tak tentu hala. Kalau nak rempit mesti kena tempat sebab lepas tu confirm terus pancit macam samprit.

I improved on my timing. By my standard, to cover 12km in about 1hr 20min is quite good. It tells me that I'm just 6 minutes away from breaking the sub 1 hour mark for a 10km race. I share Dr. M's target of finishing 10km in under 60 mins. Maybe we could achieve this in about 2 more races, InsyaAllah.

the one with the lucky draw prize...a gym ball

I got lucky that day. I brought back home more than just the finishing medal and certificate. My number was called up for the lucky draw! hahaha...haiya..sini pun boleh 'kena' ka?

To top it all, before going back home, we stopped by a restaurant in Shah Alam and had a hefty breakfast! Just like old time...roti canai banzai!

after the roti canai session...hungry for more!!

No comments: