Saturday, September 27, 2008

Syawal 2008


Salam Aidilfitri everyone! I hope everybody's back from their hometown feeling happy and satisfied. I know everyone's tired but I guess it's part of the Syawal 'ritual' isn't it? It may drain you physically but spiritually, we get to strengthen our family ties.


This year, we celebrated Aidilfitri in KL, Muar, Kluang and JB. Until yesterday, we still haven't visited some of our close relatives. We have been visiting about 2-4 houses per day. The boys didn't actually followed us all the way. Most of the time, they were with their grandparents.




Traffic wasn't bad at all when I was driving south. I guess many had travelled back much earlier before Raya. But I can see there's a growing trend where people celebrate the 1st raya in the city and travel back to their hometown the 2nd day.



It's a unique celebration for us this year. Ayu's mother tagged along with us to celebrate in Johor. So I guess she had her 1st taste of Hari Raya celebration the Ismail clan's way. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the fireworks 'organised' by my relatives in Kluang. I heard they spent close to RM700 on fireworks! And I miss the sound of meriam buluh in Muar!



There's another 1st for me actually. I climbed Gunung Lambak in Kluang on the 3rd Raya! Hahaha. We stayed at this eco-resort in Kluang everytime we went there to visit my grandmother. This is the 1st year I decided to hike up the mountain and it gave me a different perspective of Kluang town from the top. I just never thought I would do this during Syawal.

At least I get to test my Solomon running shoes and it felt really good. I ran down through the jungle trail and it felt like I was riding a mountain bike! The shoe gave me the stability and grip the moment I needed it. I think future trip back to Kluang will include Gunung Lambak trail running. Manyak syok wooo. After the good workout, we went to Kluang station for breakfast!



Tired? Yes. Bloated from ketupat rendang? Of course. Poket kempis? Pasti. But there's nothing to complain really. It's all an investment to inculcate this Raya tradition for the sake of our future generation. So invest banyak-banyak! Selamat beraya everyone!

2 comments:

Azad said...

FUYOOO!!! Panjat gunung. You and Telal are 'getting it on' man! Mesti boleh menang Genting Trailblazer ni!

Beautiful Tonight said...

oh...nice photos.. looks like u enjoy a lot