Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Raidi’s 1st Day At School…

On the 3rd of January, Raidi started to go to school. He is now in standard one. On that day, he woke up really early and prepared himself. I myself was very excited. It was a jittery moment that I had been waiting for a long time. This is the year where all the Y2K babies start their first year of formal schooling.
Many parents were there to accompany their kids. All primary 1 students had to sit at the hall as the teacher’s briefed the kids about school rules and procedures. Raidi had to take this little test to determine which class he is supposed to be in. Parents were not supposed to be with the kids during this test. But heck…parents don’t care do they? Especially Kiasu parents. Everyone was standing outside of the class and tried o guide their kids to do this test. Ayu couldn’t take the pressure so she stood far away from the class where Raidi is sitting in.

Raidi in School Uniform....

When the teacher handed the test paper to Raidi I saw him just starring away. Obviously he didn’t’ know what to do with it! It was a half and hour’s test and Raidi did nothing for 10 minutes! It was funny looking at other parents trying to coach their kids and I didn’t know who was more pressured, the kids or their parents. I told Raidi to read the instructions which he did and suddenly he turned to ‘auto pilot’ mode. He finished the test himself in less than 10 minutes. Raidi, in that class you were in, you were the first kid to hand over the test paper to your teacher. I asked you to triple check your answer but you had the nerve to tell me that the test was too easy.

Today Raidi is in 1 Berlian. I told Raidi that I was in 6 Berlian before I left this primary school. Raidi didn’t know what Berlian means so he pronounced it as 1 Brilliant. Hahahahaha. What ever la Raidi, 1 Brilliant is also good. But at first he wanted to be in 1 Jed. Not because he has friends in that class, but it’s because it is close to 1 JEDI..hahahaha. You’re just full of it boy!

For the next 6 years, Raidi will be schooling in SKTTDI. I hope he will have great experiences here, greater than what I’ve experienced before. I will do my best to assist and guide him in what ever way that I can. I can help you to memorise the school song Raidi because I still know how to sing them! Raidi might have good friends at school, but I hope I will be his best friend through out his schooling days. I personally think that this is an effective way of parenting considering all the challenges that the society faces today. Stay close enough to the kids like a friend and at the same time make them respect you as parents. Good what...we can share hobbies and toys too!!
Ok Raidi, Happy Schooling!

No comments: