Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Goodbye 2006...Welcome 2007

Happy new year everyone! I hope everybody had a wonderful and a safe new year’s celebration. Me together with rest of my family celebrated our combo new year’s and Hari Raya in Kluang, Johor. Guess how we ushered in the new year? No fireworks, or concerts or karaoke. Instead we played badminton in Kluang Johor. We booked two badminton courts for 3 hours and played until the year 2007! We even had our own mini countdown to the new year! Hahaha… I had my badminton racquet in the car but didn’t bring proper attire with me. So I had to play with my Docker’s pants on and I took Docker’s durability to the next level..hehehe. Uncle Hamid and Uncle Taufik beat me in the double’s game when I partnered my cousin Haziq who was in jeans! In addition, I was bare footed! Melecet kaki aku! We’ll play again next year!

Tthe kids really love the Eco Park and they had a splashing time at the swimming pool. Sejuk gila air dia because they source the water from the mountain. The park is actually at the foot of a mountain. We usually stay at this Eco Park whenever we visit Atuk in Kluang.

I expect many things to happen this year. My main target would be Zidani’s development, Raidi is going to start schooling, Tuesday’s night badminton game is going to get more interesting and intense, another Manchester’s United treble?, more work to be done with Telsoft, enroll in a post graduate course, invest in properties…just to note down some of the expectations. I hope it will be a prosperous year for everyone. Looking at how time flies, we just have to double our effort to meet these targets. But when there’s opportunity, just lay back and have a good cup of tea and enjoy the little moments in your life. It’s sometimes more satisfying to be ‘distracted’ with these little thing in life. It could put your thoughts into good perspectives. One thing is for sure…I’m getting older! And the signs of ageing are more profound!

No comments: