Monday, January 29, 2007

Goooooaaaallllll!!!!!

I’ve registered Raidi to the Subang Jaya Community Youth Football League (SJCYFL). So last Sunday, I took Raidi to Subang Jaya and he played his first ever league game! Hahaha….imagine this, when we first arrived, Raidi has zero knowledge about the football game. All this while he only knows how to kick a ball. So the first rule that I thought him that Sunday was you should not handle the ball. Goosshhhh…

With no knowledge of football, it was like throwing him into the rough sea and just let him learned to swim by himself! He didn’t know who his team mate was or which one is his opponent. At first I wanted to expose and slowly introduce him to the game. But the opposite happened. The coach decided to bring him on and I saw Raidi running up and down the field trying to kick the ball in what ever direction. And when he didn’t get the ball, he just grabbed the player’s shirt in anger. A couple of times Raidi just shouted at me that he didn’t understand the game at all. I understand Raidi’s feeling and I felt sorry for him. It was obvious that he didn’t enjoy the game. He was completely confused by everything and it was a tough introduction for him. His team didn’t win the game but it was not about winning or loosing. I just wanted him to enjoy the game.

After our first league game, I know what to expect already. Raidi must first know the rules of the game. I was surprised to see the level of understanding from other kids about the game. Raidi was in the 7-8 years old league. They not only play within the stipulated rules, but they play with passion! And not to mentioned the parents! Everybody was screaming from the top of their lungs, cheering away and giving out instructions to the kids! It was fun for everybody! Not to worry Raidi, I will help you play football and we’ll start from the drawing board.

Raidi is part of the Ranger’s team. So the Ranger’s lost their first game against the Hobbit’s. But we will meet them again in the return leg. The league will run until May. I hope by then, Raidi will develop some basic football skills. More importantly, I want to instill positive values from all this. The Youth League has its own broad objectives. But my objective is simple, to fill up our weekends with valuable quality time. But who knows, maybe this could lead to something else. Please visit http://www.sjcyfl.com/ to know more about this community league.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bsdsnkj critiquing bolinas michael pond nigamen indicate blogto event affluent reflections
lolikneri havaqatsu