Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Subang-KLCC-Batu Caves-Subang



Twitter made this possible. When I followed @jfkjohan on twitter months ago, I didn't realised that he's actually a neighbor. He lives two doors away from our house and after all these years, I actually met him for the first time last Sunday! Bagus punya jiran. Who said twitter is bad :p

I love flight simulators ever since I was a kid. When I read Johan tweets on taking friends on a tour over KL city and learn how to fly, I booked a slot straight away. Always wanted to do this, especially in KL. Water landing in Australia last year was great. But flying from Subang to KLCC and back to Subang over TTDI was very special. The whole experience made me think twice about doing my MBA. Perhaps I should pursue the PPL license instead. Hehe.

Johan and me..Raidi supposed to come along but he was at the scouts camp

At 0845hrs, we took off from Subang on a Cessna172 airplane. Weather was fine but you know la, jerebu in KL. Take off was smooth after hitting 75 knots. We climbed up to 1500 feet as we turned left towards Menara TM. Once the plane levelled, Johan handed over the control to me. First time in my life I took control of a real aircraft! Feeling was quite close to driving a car only that you don't have traffic to worry about. Tak payah pakai hon. Maintain the right altitude and speed. Roll left, right, pitch down or upwards. Best!!

View of Kampung Baru..

Dividing my attention between photography and flying was a challenge. I wanted to fly the plane, but I also have this new DSLR on my lap. Haiya! So when we reached KL city, Johan flew a circle around KLCC and I took pictures. Very nice view of KL city from high above.

No Garmin or Papago...
From KL city, we flew over the new Palace, Batu Caves, TTDI, Kota Damansara waypoints before heading back to Subang for landing. Downwind leg was interesting. Just before the 45 degree left turn to Subang runway 15, both of us looked right to check for any incoming air traffic. Hahaha. Macam dekat junction jalan. Takut Firefly nak landing maaa.

Johan landed the plane smoothly. Memang terror pilot ni. Since he's also a DJ at hitz.fm, inflight entertainment comes exclusively. Haha! Thanks bro for the opportunity. Will definitely do this again one day!

More pictures here.

This is from one of Johan's tweet. Ning Baizura as co-pilot.

Not yet a captain...

View of Aminuddin Baki TTDI from above

Nak drive ke nak take pictures...susah!
I took this picture while Johan flew a circle around KLCC


Landing approach on runway 15 Subang airport.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, you take to the air like a bird! Like I took to the sea like a fish!