Monday, April 13, 2009

2.2.1 version with 02.30.03 baseband

The title to this entry only means one thing. If you're an iPhone user, you might well know that it's the latest iPhone version firmware. It also means that you're one unfortunate soul if you bought the 'locked' unit. iPhone usually comes 'packaged' together with the country's local cellular operator network. And in Malaysia's case, it's Maxis. But I'm a loyal Celcom customer.

I bought this outright iPhone unit recently that needs to be 'unlocked' before I can start using it with my Celcom SIM card. Why I bought it? Because the price is so much cheaper in Australia. But after using it for couple of weeks, I realised that this 3G handset is so much fun!

Ahmed from Telstra asked me a very good question, why did I buy the new iPhone... I told him I'm about to find out!

I still have to wait for the market to come up with latest jailbreak software. There are hardcore programmers out there who devote their resources to provide such software for free. I'm not alone in this one. If you happen to know where or how or who can help me do this, please let me know. For now, I will continue playing Pacman on my iPhone!

1 comment:

mafeitz said...

dah search ebay tak ? my friend kata ade unlock nyer software around..