Monday, April 28, 2008

Blogging For Money...

I'm impressed. A full time housewife is also a professional blogger. Samantha Yeap, a 36 year old mother of two earns money from advertising through her blog at myorganiclife.blogspot.com. Her story was published in The Star newspaper today http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2008/4/27/sundaymetro/20972501&sec=SundayMetro.

“What gives me so much satisfaction is that I am able to do and say what I want in my blog (within moral and ethical boundaries, of course). I am under nobody’s rule,” said Samantha. This is a good example of self regulation and being a responsible blogger. She can sit in front of the computer until 4 to 5 o'clock in the morning and write about everything from cooking and how to prevent white hair.

What amazes me more is how people can really be a fan of certain blog sites. They are loyal surfers and reading blogs are like food for their soul. See how strong this new media influences our society. The pen is mightier than the sword they said. Now we can say that the keyboard is mightier than the pen! Amazing really.

No comments: