Friday, March 30, 2007

ROBBED & CAR JACKED AT KNIFE POINT

I was robbed last night. After I reached my house in TTDI around 9.30pm, as I was about to enter my house, out of nowhere, two robbers ran straight towards me. One of them pointed a knife towards me while the other guy took away my wallet, my PDA phone, my wrist watch and my car keys. I didn’t retaliate as I told them to take whatever they want. At that time I saw Raidi coming out to the porch and I prayed hard for him to go back inside which he did.
Yes…yesterday my 3 months old Civic was carjacked right under my nose at knife point. Don’t really know how to express my feelings now.

After they sped away with the car, I quickly went inside the house and told Ayu to call the police and I gave my car details to them. About 7-8 minutes after that, a patrol car arrived and I followed them to the police station to make a report. The officer in-charge told me to go to Brickfields to do the complete report with the Investigating Officer. I drove back home at 2am after I’ve made my statement. Thank you Dr Jude for accompanying me at Brickfields police station. He took a Taxi from the Hotel and he waited for me till 2am despite knowing that we have a workshop to conduct today in TM.

If anyone of you see my car anywhere, please call me or my wife. For now, you won’t be able to reach me on my mobile. So try to call Ayu or my house phone or Insp. Suhaimi at 016-22248011.

Please be careful even if you are at the front of your house. Better still, install an automatic gate so that you don’t have to go out of the car to open the gate. Be vigilant. It could have been worst for me or even for my family. Thank God Raidi was not with me. He got home 10 minutes earlier with Ayu who was driving the Inspire. Thank God it didn’t happen to them. So Ayu, there’s a hikmah why I didn’t let you drive my new Civic. I cant’ imagine if this happens to you.

I don’t know whether I will get to see my Civic again. If I do get to see it, it will never be the same as the one I originally bought. They’ll strip the car and sell the parts. Or maybe they’ll try to sell it in Motortrader. Hhhhmm. If they find the car, I would be lucky if it’s still in its original condition. If not, might as well don’t find it and let the insurance company pay for my car loan. Still, due to the red tape and all, for the next 2-3 months, I will still have to continue paying my car installment.

I’ve got plenty of things to do after this. Car insurance claims, Driving License, ATM card, Credit Cards, Identity card, Mobile Phone..the whole mumbo jumbo…I got to replace all of them. I’m glad that nobody was hurt during this incident. I hope the people who did this can be caught and brought to justice. Lepas tu, I hope they will rot in hell….

5 comments:

Rozita ayu said...

I am glad you are okay.. harta benda boleh dicari.. Dugaan dari Allah hendaklahlah diredhai.. Yang jahat akan mendapat balasan yang setimpalnya.. Tiada siapa yang boleh lari dari balasan Allah. Amin

Lan said...

I'm so sorry for the incident that has befallen u. I am very shocked! Besides feeling glad after reading ur posting that you and your family are safe, I cant help but realise that now we have to be in vigil as crooks are everywhere to take advantage when we're not looking. My neighbours who live 3 blocks away for your parents were robbed a week ago at 8pm.

To all friends in Taman Tun or anywhere else, please remind your loved ones to always be careful and be alert at all times for any suspicous people in our once peaceful, safe neighbourhood. Times are not good in the country I just cant believe that i feel afraid for my family and friends, Taman Tun is not safe anymore!

Mafiz, I hope you'll be strong as I can imagine how traumatising that experience was for you. I repeat what ayu said, your car, credit card money is replaceble. Your car may not feel the same if found but you and your family were not harmed.

Those bastards who did this deserve nothing less than hell.

ikmal said...

Mafiz, I'm relieved to hear that you're safe & unharmed. My deepest sympathies accompany you in this tragedy. Take care my friend

Unknown said...

I'm utterly shocked right now and I'm really sorry for what happened. This is dugaan...Istighfar & bersabar banyak2. Most important thing is, you, Ayu & Raidi are unharmed. Amin to what Ayu wrote.

On hindsight, it probably wasn't a good idea to show the pic of your car with the registration number in full view (in the previous posts). It might have made it an easy target (and I'm not talking about the car only, but your kids). Not my intention to add salt to your wound; just a gentle reminder...

Take care ya...

Azad said...

Alhamdulillah you are safe, Mafiz. As related to you earlier over the phone, my parents were robbed too at knife point 3 weeks ago by 3 men in their house in Alor Gajah. Malaysia is not safe anymore.

Setiap yang berlaku ada hikmah. We may not understand why such 'mishaps' befall us but maybe it could be a blessing in disguise for some reasons which, we don't know.

For my parents, they realize that they should pay more zakat and sedekah more because "zakat dan sedekah it menyucikan dan melindungi harta."

Use this opportunity to reflect on your life and search deep in you for the signs that Allah is trying to tell you.

In addition, doa orang teraniaya akan dimakbulkan Allah, Insya Allah.

Allah may answer your doa in a totally unexpected way - maybe through a new superbike, instead? ;)

Btw, I want you belanja you makan. Just name the time and place - and please contact me once you have your have your phone running.