Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Hari Raya Voyage Of A Super Hero Robot…Part II – 1st Raya


Star Blog entry 03112005, Human rental biosphere, somewhere in Aloq Staq solar system –

It was 0630hrs, Master and his little brother was still asleep as Father woke up and took his shower. Today is the 1st day of the moon calendar Syawal. According to the family’s traveling plans, Father will pick up Master’s great granddad who was staying at Tok Endak’s house about 8 lightyears away south of the Aloq Staq planetary system. He then will travel back north and attend to their Solat Sunat Aidilftri at a Mousqe along Jalan Pegawai. Father quietly prepared himself for the day, wearing his purple coloured traditional Johorian galaxy clan baju melayu with black songket. Damn! If only my optical sensors are working, I could capture how handsome Father was that morning! (heheheheh). As he left the hotel room for his early breakfast, I sent out a lookout drone to follow Father. This way, I should be able to observe him everywhere he goes. Meanwhile, at the hotel room, Mother woke up and made preparations for the day. Good thing that Mother had everything ready the night before. I saw Master’s complete baju melayu suit hanged by the wardrobe. I scanned them, and checked for any hazardous chemical and biological substances. Glad that it was properly sterilized and pressed.

The drone reported that Father had a great breakfast down near the hotel lobby. He had a couple of toasted bread, a plate of ‘fat rice’, half boiled Gallus Domesticus eggs, loads of vitamin C juices and some fruits. For a homo sapient of his size, Father has a big appetite. It’s no surprise though as my ‘MALI’ – Mentekedarah Alert Level Indicator sensor indicated that on a scale of 1 to 5, he is at level 4!!. This particular human being never failed to surprise me.

This morning, Master and Zidani had another round of playtime in the bathtub. But it wasn’t for long as Mother hurriedly prepared them for the day. At 1030hrs, Master, Zidani, Mother, Wan and Aunty Linda was supposed to meet up with Father at Tok Endak’s house. Zidani today wore a turquoise baju melayu while Mother put on her purple silk kebaya. Everybody that morning looked just great! I followed the family to the hotel lobby for breakfast. It was mayhem I tell you. Master and Zidani was a handful for Mother. The floor was literally covered by cereals, rice, fruits, breads etc… The hotel staffs have this disbelief look on their faces as they realized that it is going to be a long morning for them. Well, I know how they feel, but with me around, I don’t think they would be able to do anything. I watched the staffs like a hawk and always ready to make a move if I sense any suspicious activities.

As I guard the family having breakfast, the Drone that I sent earlier to observe Father reported that he was sitting in the Mosque prayer’s hall listening to the Khutbah. At times, he was nodding his head, acknowledging that he understands and appreciated the sermons. However, as I zoom closer, Father was actually dozing off!! Abruptly moving his head as a sign of sleepiness!! Damn! He’s good. He fooled the Drone.

At around 1045hrs, the whole family converges again at Tok Endak’s house. Here, I saw everybody shaking and kissing each other hands as they wish happy hari raya and asking for forgiveness. Master was a bit reluctant to ‘salam’ everyone. He told me before that he doesn’t really fancy ‘old’ people. I understand where he’s coming from. He expects everybody to be like his friends at his pre-school. Kids, they just want to play. As the rest of the family members chit chatting, I had to closely monitor Master and his little brother playing catch with a couple of Gallus Domesticus (you haven’t got it? It’s a scientific name for chicken). They seemed to be fascinated by this animal, running around and yelling about something. I tried to translate what they were talking about and I guess one of them was shouting to her kids to take their bath immediately as they wanted to go beraya. Moments later, Master whispered to the Father that he wanted to go to the movies. He told Father that he wants to see this animated movie called ‘ayam kecik’. I saw Father frowning his forehead, as he tried to make sense of the movie title that Master had just mentioned. Master wanted to watch ‘Chicken Little’ so Father promised him that as soon as they get back to the Federation’s Galaxy, he will take Master to Planet OU at the Dsara solar system to watch this movie.

At 1130hrs, the family left Tok Endak’s house. Both the Sonata and Perdana Star Cruisers headed north to the Baling Solar System. Traveling at warp speed, the ship cruised along the planetary route and arrived at Tok Ngah’s house 45 minutes later. This is the house where Master’s grandma (Wan) used to stay during her childhood school holidays. At the porch of the house, I scanned some biological beings trapped in cages hanged from the ceiling. They were colorful and noisy sometimes. Master and Brother again fascinated, this time by the Psittaciformes (burung kakak tua). At the same time, I saw Master and Zidani crunching away some peanuts and kerepek. Mother only stopped crunching them when we wanted to leave the house. Around 1215hrs, we headed back south to the Aloq Setaq system, back to the hotel. They wanted to take their luggage and check out of the hotel before 1400hrs. After checking out, both Cruisers traveled to Jln Pegawai about 5 light years away from the hotel. They visited Tok Embun (Raidi’s great grandma) who lives together with Cik, Mother’s aunty. Just after 30 minutes, the Cruisers lift-off again, and this time they headed south back to the Federation’s Galaxy.

We arrived at the Federation’s Galaxy just before 1900hrs. Instead of heading back straight to Abaki moon home, Father directed the cruiser to A’hapan moon base. This is the home of Atuk Seth and Atuk Kiah, Master’s grand parents. Here, Father and Mother greeted their parents with hari raya wishes. But I saw both the Atuks were tired as they have been entertaining guests since morning. Besides, on Raya eve, they frantically cleaned the house from dusts and rearranged the furnitures due to the on-going renovation on their house. Although tired, they were happy to see us back from the Kedah Galaxy in time to celebrate 1st Syawal with them. As Atuk Kiah and Aunty Tasha prepared dinner, Mother made sure that Master and Zidani had their bath while I saw Father lepaking on the sofa, eating samprit like nobody’s business. Around 2000hrs, the Perdana Class Inter-Galaxy cruiser arrived at the A’hapan moon base carrying Wan, Nenek and Aunty Linda. About 15 minutes later, both side of Father’s and Mothers’s family had a raya dinner together.

After dinner, father received an intergalactic transmission call from one of his friends who lives at the B’JTong solar system. I trace the call and it was actually made from a nearby solar system. In fact it was originated from the A’Baki moon, the same moon where Master lives. Apparently, he was at his mother’s house. Father’s friends wanted to come and visit us for Raya and Father willingly invited them to come that night. So about 2330hrs, Father took us back to A’Baki moon anticipating that his friends would arrive soon. Just after clearing the ship’s cargo bay, Father’s friend called him again and told that some other friends are coming too. Father quickly went into the kitchen and told Mother to take out and serve everything we have from the cryogenic chamber. Curious, I decided to do a profile on Father’s friends. “Oohh ooohh…” I said. I quickly prepared myself for this as the profile indicated that most of Father’s friends are at ‘MALI’ 4-5 (Mentekadarah Alert Level Indicator). My plan was to slow them down as much as possible by putting up many obstacles and traps in the house. I’ve also run a search on their star travel blog and one of the homo sapient (Dr. Mafeitz), had been pulonning the whole day so I guess he should be at a range of ‘MALI’ 0.5 to 1. Fiqar and the rest should be around that level too. I continuously monitored the situation.
Kids Playing with Fireballs
As Father was re-heating ketupat palas in the kitchen, the guests started to arrive. Din and Suhailin with the kids (3 of them) landed first. They sat patiently while waiting for the husband and wife Dr Mafeitz and Dr Haniza, Fiqar and his son Ilhan. About 10 minutes later, the rest of the guests arrived. Dr Mafietz went straight into the kitchen greeting Father and wished each other Selamat Hari Raya. As I did my ‘MALI’ scan on him, it was upgraded to 4! Father was awestruck by the Songkok that Dr Mafeitz was wearing (tinggi gila). Fiqar wasn’t that lucky that night. He was injured from one of my mines that I planted to slow the guests down (dia pijak mainan Raidi). However, he was still all right, looking at the way he eats the ketupat.

My night vision and heat scanners was busy monitoring the humans


I had a security mayhem monitoring everybody’s movements. The kids were enjoying themselves watching power rangers vcd. After awhile, Master took out his toys and the house became a nursery. The kids love to play with Master’s ‘fireballs’ (bola kecik kecik). I had to use all my sensors and scanning radar to watch over the kids making sure that they are safe. Around 2300hrs, the guests left the house and Father and Mother was happy that they managed to entertain their guests. After cleaning up, the whole family went to sleep while I stayed up and did my rounds, patrolling the parameters.

Tomorrow, the family will be traveling south to the Johorian Galaxy. Before that, I will do my repairs on my optical sensors and make sure that its in good working condition. It was a hectic day for me, but no untoward incident happened. It was a great celebration for the family. I guessed I’ve done a good job looking after them and I’m sure the Galactic High Council would be happy to hear this. Somehow, I’m going to miss Master and his family once this assignment is finished.

No comments: