Thursday, October 27, 2005

Lazyy Daaayyy....

Today is the 23rd day of Ramadhan. In 7 days time, Muslims around the world will be celebrating Hari Raya, a celebration where we rejoice the victory of a month long battle against lust. Time really flies. Without realizing it, Syawal is just around the corner. How’s my preparation this year? Let me see, I think as far as my kids are concern, semua sudah siap. In fact, even before Raya they’ve ‘soiled’ their new clothes already. Ayu bought Raidi a new pair of Adidas slippers. I told Raidi how lucky he is today, at his age he gets to wear this branded pair of slippers. In my days, if I can still remember, only when I was 12 years old that I get to wear a pair of shoes which can be considered as branded. Some of you guys might recall this brand and it’s called “Roadstar”. My dad bought me this shoe at the old Jaya Jusco in TTDI. It’s a ‘high cut’ shoe where you can unzip the upper lip of the shoe and terus jadi low cut..fuyooooo. At that time, it was fashionable laaa….

I feel sooo lazy to work today. During lunch break I went to Menara Telekom and saw the lobby busy with people. Apparently, there was this promotion going on by TM, selling retail products. I thought of signing up for the CDMA phone, but thinking that it would not be of much use to me, so I decided to window shop instead. This CDMA is quite cool really, It’s a mobile phone but the service is limited to certain area of coverage. In other words, you can take your fix line at home and carry it like other mobile phone anywhere within the local exchange boundary. In my case, I can take this phone to the office and who ever calls my house phone, I can pick up the call. Of course, I can make calls too. The advantage is, you would be able to make local call at fixed line rates which is cheaper as compared to mobile rate charges. How much I can save if I use CDMA? Zero…hehehe..because I don’t use my mobile phone to call people up. Office line kan ada..hehehe

I when up to my old office at 12th Floor, Menara TM, and it was nearly empty. However I saw Fasliza, my unofficial fund manager, sitting at her place punching some numbers into the spreadsheet. I talked to her about my EPF investment that she’s currently ‘managing’, I was quite happy with the outcome so far. Rather than ‘idling’ in the EPF 1st account, I decided to invest some money in Unit Trust. The amount that I invested is really small. But I was so ‘concerned’ about it and had always bothered Fasliza as if she was managing my millions..hehehe. I told her, it might be small now, but I have at least another 20 years worth of contribution in the future. When my EPF income grows, her side income will grow as well. She’s got nothing to loose taking care of a fussy client like me. Interested to invest? Call me up and I’ll introduce you to her.

Nothing much or interesting happened today. I ended my day in the office worrying about my unfinished tasks. Damn it, I’m procrastinating. My worst habits I should say. Always waiting for the last minute to complete the job. I don’t know why laa. I know its not good, but I think I work best under pressure. So doing things the last minute always put me under pressure. Hehehehe alasan! Malas sebenarnyaa…

3 comments:

ikmal said...

u work best under pressure? u take a loong time to accomplish a task? so that's why lah u don't need Maintain huh? :)

mafiz said...

yes Mal, i work best under 'pressure'.

Azad said...

FEMALAS!