Monday, September 14, 2009

Genting Trailblazer 2009...

the daunting 14km route

It's back. I'll be racing again in this highly anticipated adventure race at Awana Genting. Last year we ran through 14km of jungle trail and it was very challenging. Definitely not a walk in the park. (Genting Trailblazer 2008 blog here).

With first hand experience, I guess we'd be more prepared this year. At least mentally. Seriously, to cross the finishing line, I think it's will power over strength. Finishing the race itself is a great achievement.

last year's finishers...gila penat..

It's a team event and I'll be partnering with Dr.M. As far as preparation goes, zero progress so far for me. I haven't been running since I undergone my eye operation. I'm gonna do some light training post Raya holidays. The race is about a month away so I hope I could build enough confidence and stamina by end October.

My biggest concern is how my left eye would cope under intense physical activity. Yes it's not a contact sport. But the eye irritation i get whenever I sweat bothers me. Wearing a goggle might solve this problem, hehehe.

My trail running shoes I bought last year is still in mint condition. I have to put more mileage into it to lower the ownership cost per KM..hahaha

No comments: